Monday, December 2, 2013

YOU CAN DO IT


So I'll be the first to admit that I suffer
from a little something called self doubt which really takes
hold when my supply of self esteem and
self confidence is running low

I hold my hands up in the air sometimes and admit that yes, sometimes
I really don't think I can do things, or that I'm good enough,
or that I'm worth anything.

And I also completely agree that those types of thoughts
are bad thoughts and nobody should ever knowingly inflict those types of thoughts upon themselves or someone else.

No-one, I repeat, no-one, needs that kind
of negativity in their life.
It rarely serves a purpose and if I were pushed to find just
one reason why it's useful, it's this:

it makes you stronger.
(mentally)

So yeah, you still might not be able to get Dwayne The Rock
Johnson into a headlock and sure maybe you still can't flex your
muscles like those buff god like hunks down the gym,
BUT, your mind and your mentality is a whole lot stronger
and I don't know about you, but I'd
rather be stronger and wiser than buff.

 I know right now you're probably like, okay that's very nice,
but why are you telling me this dude?
And yes, I agree, that's a good question.
Well I just wanted to write about this whole self
confidence/ self esteem/ self doubt thing because 
it's actually rather important.

And I want to raise awareness and say, y'know what,
it's alright that you feel those feelings, you're not alone,
we all get like that sometimes and it's okay
to admit that you sometimes feel that way.

What matters though, is that you can pick yourself back up.

Next time you feel a bit poopy, think to yourself, why exactly
am I feeling this way, because 10 times out of 10
there is a valid cause or reason that most probably
needs addressing.

And once you can recognize it, you can deal with it,
rise above it, learn from it, and hey, maybe it won't be alright now,
at this very precise second, but I can tell you one thing,
IT WILL BE.

So don't you worry, and when your self confidence/ self
esteem/ self belief levels are dropping,
stop, collaborate and listen to this:

YOU ARE WORTH IT, YOU CAN DO IT, YOU ARE AWESOME,
YOU ARE PERFECT JUST THE WAY YOU ARE, YOU ARE WORTH
SOMETHING, YOU ARE A LOVELY HUMAN BEING,
YOU WILL OVERCOME THIS, YOU WILL BE SOMEONE, 
YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.


So f you're having those thoughts
--------------------------->>>>>
chuck 'em out the window right now okay
and go watch your fave movie and get a slab of choccy
and smile.





No comments:

Post a Comment