Friday, December 27, 2013

IT'S A VERY MERRY CHRIMBO


Hello my little festive friends
and Merry Christmas to you all!

I hope that these last few years have been 
supercalifragilisticexpialidotious for you (did I spell
that right? There isn't any spell check y'see)
and that you had a wonderful time
with your friends and family and got everything you
ever wanted :)

I also hope that like me you have been 
eating a box of Lindt chocolates a day average plus a decent helping of turkey and leftover xmas pud and what not
just because you can.

In the UK we're pro's at doing that, because
to almost everyone over here, Christmas is a license 
to eat and drink all those naughty little 
goods and treats and no-one
is allowed to bat an eyelid. If you do,
everyone turns on you and shoves chocolate
in your mouth to shut you up.

Here's an example:
*Man reaches over for a bottle of wine which
he proceeds to glug at an alarming rate*
Girl: what are you doing drinking all that?
Man: It's Christmas!
*Girl laughs* oh well that's alright then!
-OR-
*Girl frowns* you shouldn't be drinking all that!
*Man shoves chocolate in her mouth*
THE END.

So yeah, fun times!

In the UK we're also all completely hooked on
 the Harry Potter films, which ITV have
been showing in the run up to Christmas with
Deathly Hallows Part One being shown yesterday
much to my delight.
We all got our wands out and everything.

;)


Now moving on to my own Christmas,
which began with a trip to see Disney's Frozen in Nottingham
and another helping of some gorgeous Spanish churro's 
NOM NOM NOM.

This year I was super lucky and got my wish of getting
my own laptop, which I am truly and deeply in love
with. She hasn't got a name yet, but
she's red and she's gorgeous and amazing and
definitely desirable no 1 (that's Harry Potter rubbing of
on me right there).

I got to spend Chrimbo with my family here
in Derby (waheeyy) and luckily we haven't been affected by
the storms, just some pretty aggressive wind
that makes me certain the house is going to blow away
in time for the New Year.
Lovely Jubbly.


In my house we had the record players on and
we were singing and dancing to the vinyl records I mentioned in my last post and eating chocolates with Christmas
TV on in the background.
My contribution to Christmas this year was making
starters (a seafood extravaganza) and the amazing Christmas
crowns like the ones I made last year.

We had:
-Maria -all I want for Christmas- Carey
-Ady Baby
-Rosanna in the Highest
-Saint Tashalus (englightening the world with
great facial hair)

It's safe to say they were a runaway success.

Now I hope that you too had an amazing Christmas
and that you have an absolutely amazing New Year.

I'll see you down the gym
-I'll be the one walking on the running machine
trying hard not to sweat.





No comments:

Post a Comment