Saturday, December 21, 2013

A MUCH NEEDED UGLY CHRISTMAS JUMPER PARTY



Hello everybody and festive greetings!

I'm writing to you today from a rather beautiful England,
minus the snow, as you'd expect.

I've been so busy this last week it's actually kind
of crazy, seeing as I'm not a person with whom you would associate
the word 'busy'.

When I find myself saying those sacred words 'I'm busy',
I must admit I widen my eyes in surprise that I, me, could
actually occupy that state of being
(man you can tell I take Eng Lit just by reading that last paragraph haha ^_^).

So, I hear you ask, what have I been doing then? Well since
last Wednesday I have.....

-Watched a college production of the Queen-tastic
WE WILL ROCK YOU WOOOOOH ROCK RULES!

-Had three university interviews, so I've been up to Newcastle,
Manchester and Sheffield, rockin' about in my black heels
feeling oh so very sophisticated despite also feeling
like I might collapse on the floor be-riddled with nerves.

-Made a friend on the train to Newcastle and we happen to know the
same people, and we shared some jelly snakes at her insistence.
She wouldn't take any of the grapes I offered in return though,
sad face :(

-Been working as a waitress (yes I can't believe it either) at some fabulous Chrimbo parties, dishing out food galore, nibbling on fudge, pannacotta, strawberries et al all whilst bashing out the groovy dance
moves as I go. So far I haven't dropped any plates 
(good girl right here) and I've handed out canapes too
BECAUSE I'M SO MATURE THESE DAYS.
AAHHHHHHHH.

-I literally just finished reading the amazing Harry Potter & The Order
of The Phoenix this morning, all 700 pages of it, having been glued to it
for a good part of a week and a half. 
I've taken it everywhere with me because it's just so addictive,
and it's a good job I've finished college now, because
this dilemma kept popping up:
what do I want to know more; do woodlice have a preference
for the light or dark, or how are Harry & co. getting on at
Hogwarts right at this very moment in time?

I think we all know the answer.
Woodlice.

But I can't find my copy of the Half Blood Prince anywhere so now
I'm stressing majorly *fans face and pouts dramatically*

-I had to do TWO TESTS IN THE SAME DAY and to top it all off
I'm sure I did crap so I was also majorly stressing out then as well,
and then on the bus home I couldn't stop laughing and
all this weirdness started pouring out of me and it culminated
with an intense discussion about the solar system and lemon slices.
This is what college does to you.

So I think you can agree that the perfect remedy
to all this madness was of course, 
AN UGLY CHRISTMAS JUMPER PARTY

and the photo you can see at the top of the page is my friends and
I having a proper naff moment posing in front of the christmas
tree in our awesome christmas jumpers.
(I'm second from the left and my jumper had a particularly groovy
christmas pud emblazoned on it, complete with 3D cherries)

And trust me, we had a ruddy awesome time.

We ordered chinese, we ate cocktail sausages and spring rolls,
some of my friends downed two bottles of rose (naughty naughty!) whilst some of us stuck to
juice & coke. We ate chocolate fudge cake, we watched
Love Actually (so cute!), laughed a  hell of a lot,
had a nice big girly chat and just let our hair down
and went ape shit crazy 
but not too crazy- it was after all
a Wednesday)

And now I'm feeling all ready for Christmas, well kind of.
I'm going to whack on a film tomorrow night and snuggle up nice
and cosy, and what's double plus good, is
that the Harry Potter films are on ITV this week,
so all is good in the world now.

All is fabulous.
All is well.
All is good.
<3

















2 comments:

  1. You're so pretty Tasha!! From now I follow your blog! Lots of love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh alicia! muchas gracias chica ^_^ estaba buscando a tu blog más temprano y pienso que es tan increíble y bonita y profesional, especialmente con todos los fotos de ti en caceres! espero que tengas tanto mucho éxito con lo :) mucho amor desde Inglaterra xxx

    ReplyDelete