Wednesday, November 13, 2013

LOVE AFFAIR WITH FLEETWOOD MAC

So yesterday I watched
a documentary about Fleetwood Mac with my daddio,
and don't get me wrong - I already liked Fleetwood Mac before I
watched it- but for some reason, 
that documentary made me really really like Fleetwood Mac.
And as of today, Wednesday 13th December,
I am engaged in a love affair with Fleetwood Mac.

And I just thought you all should know.

The moment I decided they were kind of alright,
was when the mobile network '3' used 'Everywhere', sung beautifully
by the lovely Christine McVie, on an advert, which featured
 a rather groovy horse that seemed to have been possessed
 by Michael Jackson's spirit.


I just thought the song was so beautiful
and dreamy, and I wanted to hear more. Plus Glee had done
an episode on Fleetwood Mac's 1977 smash hit 'Rumours' at some point,
which also had me nodding my head in approval.

And watching the documentary last night
made me realise I had actually heard a lot of Fleetwood Mac's
songs without realising it was them who'd actually written them and sung them. It was a bit of an eye opener to say the least.
And going back to 'Rumours', I thought it was so interesting
how they made it, as the two couples within
the band -Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham, and John & Christine McVie-
both broke up in the midst of writing the album.

I didn't know this till yesterday, but Stevie wrote 'Dreams' about Lindsey, and Lindsey wrote 'Go Your Own Way' about Stevie in response to 'Dreams'. And then, each of them had to perform them live in front
of each other AND provide backing vocals for each song.

Talk about awkward.
But still I love how each song has such meaning,
and how each is song is a response to another song.

My favourite Fleetwood Mac songs are as follows
(btw. number doesn't dictate order of preference- I love them all!):

1) Dreams


2) Go Your Own Way


3) Everywhere


4) Songbird


5) Don't Stop


Of course they're all the typical Fleetwood Mac songs,
but I don't care -THEY'RE FRIGGIN' AWESOME!-

So now I'm off to pester my dad to dig up his collection
from somewhere in the depths
of our house, or his car, so that I can listen
to some more Mac.
The other night we were driving back from the cinema
from seeing the incredible 'Rush', and Dad put Fleetwood Mac
and we were singing along to all the
hits and it was so so so so amazing, and it made me
love them even more.

So yeah, I'm now in a love affair with this band.
As I go, please enjoy these Mac pics that I have lovingly found for you.











No comments:

Post a Comment