Wednesday, October 9, 2013

WOAH, WHAT A ROLLERCOASTER OF A LIFE



Dear reader, 
I feel as though these last few days I have been
losing the plot.
As you may remember, I am 17 years old and as I live in
Grand Old Britannia, I have reached the point
in my life in which I have to decide just what the heck I'm going to do for the next fifty years.
It's kind of daunting to say the least.

And being someone of a highly indecisive nature,
and being someone who doesn't want to put myself out there
until I am absolutely 100% sure, the thought of
committing myself to one thing, especially
when I love so many things,
scares the crap out of me, as in,
proper heeby jeebies.

___________________________________________

And and and, to top it all off,
I am a Gemini, and Gemini's are notorious for liking
a bit of both. The curse of being born
under this star sign means that I simply cannot make up
my mind, and the thought of choosing just one thing
is double plus bad, as George Orwell's 1984 would say.

I love art, music, photography et al.
I'm a creative freak, I adore it all and have done
since I was three and began drawing kind of well for a three
year old, according to my mum.
BUT, I love science, biology, how everything works,
 I love helping people and feeling like I'm doing something positive.

I'm too caring, I get too involved, I want to feel like
I'm making a difference for someone, somewhere.
And of course I want to travel, live in
NYC, California, Sydney, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon,
Berlin, and yet I strangely find the city
of Sheffield, 45 mins up the road so appealing.

It's all very confusing.
And when time isn't on your side,
it's very daunting.

_________________________________________________

I believe you only get one chance at life,
so you best do something good with it, live out your dreams,
because there won't be a next time.
It's about doing it all and having no regrets when
you pop your clogs sixty, seventy
years down the line.
You need to skid into heaven like
'woah, what a rollercoaster of a fabulous life that was'

But the problem is just how do you go about it?

If you're anything like me, you have this
ever expanding list of places to go and things to do.
But, you also want to be satisfied, happy,
want to get out of bed every morning and want to live your life.
You want a reason, a purpose,
to feel like you were meant to be here for a reason.
It's just finding that reason.

This week I've been darting from a career
in speech & language therapy, to broadcast journalism,
journalism in general and graphic design, and
back to speech & language therapy all over again.

But I think I'm starting to figure it all out,
just a little bit more now.
And although I wouldn't consider myself in the
best position to offer advice,
what I will say, is DON'T WORRY.
It doesn't help you in any way.

Don't let yourself fall into the hands of
self doubt, depression, hopelessness
it's a horrible place to be.
Talk to someone, moan like I've been doing for
the last three days straight.
Think about what you like to do, what you're good at,
what brings you the most pleasure and
satisfaction, what ticks the boxes,
and if it doesn't tick them all, what else can you do
to get them all ticked, what other opportunities
are there. 


And lastly, read this:











No comments:

Post a Comment