Thursday, October 31, 2013

TOM ODELL & THE RUEN BROTHERS AKA. INSANELY AMAZING MUSIC


I need to stop posting & go have a shower
but man, ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

What I want to do, is tell you all about the amazing
gig I went to at Rock City in 
Nottingham on Sunday.
And when I say it was amazing, I'm really not exaggerating.
IT WAS INSANE.

I'd even go so far as to say it may just be one of the best
I have ever been to, and I've been to a lot of gigs
in my 17 years on this earth.

The gig I saw was the fabulous Tom Odell,
and he was supported by The Ruen Brothers, and can I just say,
the quality of the music that both produced was
literally out of this world.

In this day & age it's so, so easy to forget how good quality music should sound, the kind where it's all about the
instruments, the voice, and the passion you put into them.
But this concert was an amazing re-enlightenment
of just that.

Now starting with The Ruen Brothers:
these guys are from Scunthorpe and they are genuinely lovely, lovely guys

They're also so talented, and they seem to be heralding
good old rock & roll revival.
Zane Lowe loves them and so do I, so that's good right?
I heard Aces on Zane's show aaagggeesss ago, and that's
where it all started for me,
so when I heard they were supporting Tom Odell I was over the moon that I was going to see them live!

We follow each other on twitter 
(I use my Tee Pot Music account for that dohhh)
and every time I tweet them saying how much
I love their music, they always reply to me and they're ever so sweet when they do & I appreciate them taking the time to do that, because
not all artists would.

Their voices are so distinct, as is their sound,
and I'd advise you to take a listen to some of their music because they are just so, so good, and I really do
wish them every bit of success in the world,
because it couldn't happen to nicer people.

ACES

WALK LIKE A MAN
_____________________________________

And now on to the absolutely BRILLIANT
Tom Odell and his equally brilliant band.

I knew as soon as I bought the tickets way back in June
that this would be one incredible concert,
and boy was I right.

I've loved Tom for quite a while now and
from the moment I first heard him sing 'Can't Pretend' I knew he was my kind of guy.

He is a musician through and through,
and when he sings and plays his piano so effortlessly and beautifully, he literally pours every single
ounce of passion, love and energy into every word and every key.

And you can hear it on the songs, you can can hear it on
his top notch debut 'Long Way Down', it's infectious,
but honestly, it really doesn't compare to how it feels when you see him do these songs live.

As a member of the audience, you can feel the energy surging
through your veins, the music just elevates you to some
musical heaven where everything sounds incredible
and it's as though you've never felt so alive.

I will never be able to put into words how it feels,
because I can't do that feeling justice,
and I can't put on a video, because even videos fail
to capture that magic, that spark, that energy, that passion.

What I watched on Sunday, was music
at it's absolute finest.
As in, you will struggle to find music made better than
it was right there and then.

It was just insanely incredibly brilliantly fantastically
supremely amazing, perfect, fabulous, wonderful,
and I urge you to watch him while you can.



Here's a nice pic of me & my dad at the concert to send you on your way













No comments:

Post a Comment