Sunday, October 13, 2013

DOTING ON DOC'S


So if you happen to know me,
or you have seen me grooving or stomping
along the corridors and staircases of college,
or I have bumped into you or trod
on your foot, then you will know, as a result of 
all these things,
 that I posses a pair of Doc Martens.

And I think they are sky blue.
Others would say they are purple.
Doc Marten himself would officially call them 'blueberry',
so depending on your outlook on life,
again that's either purple or blue.

But regardless as to that trivial matter,
I own a pair of Docs and I am completely and utterly smitten.

Those who say shoes can't buy you happiness
are wrong wrong wrong.
Because they can, and I mean that, because I know
it for myself.



Instead of opting for driving lessons,
like the majority of my fellow 17 year olds, on the eve
of my long awaited seventeenth birthday I was
anticipating the arrival of my beloved Docs.

And I tell you now I do not
regret that decision in the slightest.
Six months on, I hardly take them 
off my feet, they've become my signature, my
defining possession,
and it's amazing what a pair of shoes can do for you.

When I put them on,
I feel 10 times more confident inside, so I walk with 10 times more confidence then I did before, and I act
10 times more confident around other people and
I just feel better when I've got them on.

They go with absolutely everything I own,
they can transform an outfit from 'egh' to 'COR BLIMEY'
and they are worth every penny you chose
to spend on them (mine were only £35 off amazon though!)
because those sturdy little creations
are so well made you could
chuck them into a burning pool of fire
and they'd still probably live
to see tomorrow come (just to quote Boyzone for you there).

Now with all this free PR, (cough cough),
Doc Martens you best be sending me my complementary
pair of your utterly delightful shoes right
now at this very moment.

WINK WINK ;)

But yes, if you hadn't got the jist
already, let me just declare it again for you,

I RUDDY LOVE DOC MARTENS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment